Thursday, December 27, 2012

Don't Turn Around by Michelle Gagnon

I found this little gem through Goodreads.com. They were offering a sale on certain ebooks and Don't Turn Around by Michelle Gagon caught my attention. And it didn't hurt that it was listed at a very good price!
I was getting ready to travel from Salt Lake City to Chicago and unfortunately the book I had bought I had already read. Which I didn't figure out until two chapter in of course.
So I decided to try Don't Turn Around and boy am I glad I did. This book held my attention from beginning to end.

The cover could be interpreted as a bit creepy, it is a hand looking to push through some type of plastic or screen, like someone reaching to break free. The tagline is just keep running.

Review:
The blurb is fairly interesting sounding, it is the story of Noa and Peter. Noa is a former foster child using her computer hacking skills to escape the system and live on her own. Peter is the child of Boston high rollers, using his hacking skills as a way to be an activist. One evening Noa wakes up on an operating table with an IV in her arm and no memory of the past three weeks. The same night Peter is attacked and his computer stolen after hacking in to a large company called AMRF, a company doing medical research.

This is their story of trying to find out what exactly was done to Noa, why AMRF is so set on finding and shutting up Peter. Through out the story they were on the run with lots of exciting events along the way.

I actually enjoyed this book quite a bit, I would give it a 4 out of 5 stars. Definitely recommend it if you like the intrigue meets hacking type book.

Recommended books:
The Maze Runner by James Dashner - while this is quite a different setting, it does involve teens left with amnesia after medical testing...

Ok, so my recommendations aren't that great so far, I am working on this and as I go along I will be updating old entries with new recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment