Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My 2013 Goodreads Challenge!

I have set my goal low so far, only 100 books this year. But as I go I will be eventually increasing it to 365 books. I know that is a bit excessive, but in 2012 I read roughly 460 books, with only about 50-60 of those being novellas or books under 200 pages in length.

So for kicks and giggles I am going to list out the books I read this year as I read them. Not all will be reviewed, but at least a quarter of them should be, eventually. And to be nice, I will even include links!

2013 Books Read:
Hero by Cheryl Brooks
Deadly Descendant by Jenna Black
Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
Zom-B by Darren Shan
Origin by Jessica Khoury
The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda
Runaway Mistress by Robyn Carr
Virgin River by Robyn Carr
Dark Life by Kat Falls
Shelter Mountain by Robyn Carr
Ash by Malinda Lo
Gravity by Melissa West
Elemental by Antony John
Survival by Chris Ryan
The Fire of Ares by Michael Ford
Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
Obernewtyn by Isobelle Carmody
The Sea-God at Sunrise by G.L. Tysk
Birth of a Warrior by Michael Ford
The Dead and the Gone by Susan Beth Pfeffer
Outcast Mine by Jamie Craig
Nightwalker by Jocelynn Drake
Flash Flood by Chris Ryan
Dayhunter by Jocelynn Drake 
Beyond by Graham McNamee
Swipe by Evan Angler
Deception by Lee Nichols
This World We Live In by Susan Beth Pfeffer
Shadowfell by Juliet Marillier
The Sweetest Spell by Suzanne Selfors
Indigo Awakening by Jordan Dane
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
Princess of the Silver Woods by Jessica Day George


Rereads:
Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce
Lady Knight by Tamora Pierce
The First Days by Rhiannon Frater
Fighting to Survive by Rhiannon Frater
Poison Study by Maria V Snyder 

I am making a separate list for books under 200 pages because I consider them novellas. It's tricky to set a definitive page number as the cut off between novellas and novels, it is based more on word count. But I had to make a cutoff point and 200 pages it is.
Plus the fact that I was able to read four of them in one day would lead to the conclusion that I can't count them as actual novels for my challenge. Maybe for every two I read it counts as one novel.


Novellas:
Marrying for King's Millions by Maureen Child -- 184 pages
Satin & a Scandalous Affair by Jan Colley -- 186 pages
Bedded by the Billionaire by Leanne Banks -- 186 pages
Tycoon's One-Night Revenge by Bronwyn Jameson -- 177 pages
Pregnant at the Wedding by Sara Orwig -- 186 pages
Baby on the Billionaire's Doorstep by Emily McKay -- 184 pages
One Night, Two Babies by Kathy DeNosky -- 192 pages
In the Tycoon's Debt by Emily McKay -- 192 pages
More than a Millionaire by Emilie Rose -- 192 pages
The Billionaire's Fake Engagement by Robyn Grady -- 192 pages
Texan's Wedding-Night Wager by Charlene Stands -- 192 pages
Conquering King's Heart by Maureen Child -- 192 pages
Falling for King's Fortune by Maureen Child -- 184 pages
The Desert Lord's Baby by Olivia Gates -- 187 pages
Boardrooms & a Billionaire Heir by Paula Roe -- 192 pages
From Playboy to Papa! by Leanne Banks -- 192 pages
Bossman's Baby Scandal by Catherine Mann -- 181 pages
The Magnate's Pregnancy Proposal by Sandra Hyatt -- 183 pages
Affair with the Rebel Heiress by Emily McKay -- 182 pages
Claiming His Bought Bride by Rachel Bailey -- 183 pages
Tempting the Texas Tycoon by Sara Orwig -- 181 pages
Prince of Midtown by Jennifer Lewis -- 185 pages
The M.D.'s Mistress by Joan Hohl -- 186 pages
Wed by Deception by Emilie Rose -- 185 pages
His Expectant Ex by Catherine Mann -- 184 pages
The Desert King by Olivia Gate -- 187 pages
In His Brother's Place by Elizabeth Lane -- 192

Please don't judge me for my love of sappy romances.






No comments:

Post a Comment